“Peace and Justice”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
|Capital||The Home Of Aranan|
|Leader||The Collective Of Aranan|
The Republic of Aranan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Collective Of Aranan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.234 billion Arananians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Home Of Aranan. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Arananian economy, worth 381 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 90,118 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aranan's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aranan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aranan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Aranan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aranan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Aranan, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in Aranan, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub.
- : Aranan was refounded in Balder.
- : Aranan ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Aranan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aranan's influence in Osiris fell from "Newcomer" to "Hatchling".