“Nutzen Sie Ihre Intelligenz!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Theme Party
The Federal Republic of Blaue Flussgebiete is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 553 million Blaue Flussgebieteans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.3%.
The strong Blaue Flussgebietean economy, worth 29.9 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 54,157 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 7.8 times as much as the poorest.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, divorce is illegal, the nation is in perpetual campaign mode, and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blaue Flussgebiete's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blaue Flussgebiete's influence in Theme Party rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Blaue Flussgebiete agreed to construct embassies between Theme Party and Austria and Hungary.
- : Blaue Flussgebiete updated the World Factbook entry in Theme Party.
- : Blaue Flussgebiete relocated from Deutschland to Theme Party.
- : Blaue Flussgebiete founded the region Theme Party.
- : Blaue Flussgebiete's influence in Deutschland rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Blaue Flussgebiete published "Bundeslandarmee (BLA)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Blaue Flussgebiete's influence in Deutschland rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Blaue Flussgebiete changed its national currency to "Euro".
- : Following new legislation in Blaue Flussgebiete, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.