“In nonsense is strength”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Free Land of Egalico is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kilgore Trout with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.87 billion Egalicoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Gallifrey. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Egalicoan economy, worth 464 trillion groats a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,981 groats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Kilgore Trout's questionably sane new coalition partners, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, and political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Egalico's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Egalico's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Egalico was refounded in Balder.
- : Egalico ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Peoples Republic of Kyle.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The New Comfedian Empire of Comfed.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sakusen.
- : Egalico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The Country of Jerzykowo.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The Nation formally by the name of 9003.
- : Egalico was endorsed by The Republic of Boston Castle.