“est. Aug 2017”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: 10000 Islands
The People's Republic of Ferte is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.85 billion Ferteans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villalobos. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Fertean economy, worth a remarkable 1,220 trillion Golds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,455 Golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
International humanitarian organisations are applauding the government for ending the death penalty, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state, morality classes are compulsory for all school students, and foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry. Crime is totally unknown. Ferte's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is nonexistent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Ferte was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Ferte was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Ferte was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Bricester.
- : Ferte was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The United Xzec Peoples of Boroii.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, morality classes are compulsory for all school students.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The United Gamers of DetroitSmash.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Old Atlantica, Stroulia, Slaytania, Chip Skylark, Zeganas, Better Indonesia, Anollasia, Coreras, The Soylent Green Party, The Parandeam, Dustwind, Seantonia, Maalemzya, Leirkra, Wysrod, Karlando, Vivolkha, Lower Phlebacite, Gewisse, Kingdom of New Berlin, Dovant, Palman, Iontan, Creeptopia, Kyrizstanislav, Ironica Butterfly, Novegia, New Dracora, Grungerock, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Colonel Terrosit, Free Land of Rebellium, Yakkandiania, Airday, Johnne Green, Vill Send, Medetas, Solarampa, Evertopia, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Namakan, Republic of Libriano, Solsevara, Zeklandia, Ilfarasia, Maconshinbernititte, Mauryana, Holma, Krystalveil, and 34 others.JanRaiQlux, Tausend Seen, Faradova, Katitania, Cathamye, Grimmywelsh, Macrasetia, Gosheon, Hashari Darussalam, The Galactic American Imperium, Immortal Anfield, The Democratic State Of Josora, Kaprein, Geonomia, Houbur, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Jaegerpondonia, Saint Nations, Reformed Imperis, Dolorado, Strigberg, Ear Exploder 9000, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Selinoz, Canadian North California, Syedians, Coldian, DetroitSmash, Boroii, Bricester, and Iron Soviet.