“Quite a scandal, actually”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of I Anixi is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 192 million Anixians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 20.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Anixian economy, worth 15.0 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,351 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown. I Anixi's national animal is the snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, mall countdown clocks warn that there are only 364 more shopping days until Maxxmas.
- : Following new legislation in I Anixi, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : I Anixi endorsed The Kingdom of Dakshin Gandhara.
- : I Anixi endorsed The Armed Republic of Maott.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Nezovisimoe Kosovo, Alunya, Corfad, El Fiji Grande, Joodey, Runeda, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, The Rhein States, Territorio di Nessuno, Yaorozu, Shin-Hachioji, McMasterdonia, Racoda, Loutsland, Dreadton, Dar es Saalam, Trillius, Koda-Land, Glurponia, New Bremerton, Omnistria, Kaschovia, Aratani, Guer Aike, Sockmanland, Great Bights Mum, 1 very fast endotarter, Steampunk Ariel, Newpromisedland, Sundred, Eteles, Zumlandia, Siwale, NabMex, Holy Oranz, Gnomewatchers, New Octicarg, Daiz, Prydania, Pallaith, Antiyard, Sunto, Selfgradatude, Kwaj, PlanetPunk, Federation Terra Australis, North Bratislava, Kasazzastan, Ozstan, and 59 others.Makersaulache, Frances Francis the First of France, Cuyan, Viridiann, Duerrlewang, Amauri, Spartoptia, Ethnon, East Supple Lund, The Tampa Bay Rays, U S Eh, Xentherida, Altamonte, Wineclaw, Nothru Lerple, Sea Ghost, Pleroma Sans Romans, Partax, PotatoFarmers, Shadowrik, Angshire, Xzavia-Hjar, Wisconsota, Ponantine, Unprintable Initiator, Clan Spaniel, Miruma, Holy Isekai, United Kahndaq, Battesaia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Landnovia, Lahten Republic, Kranostav, Neo Colorado, Manticore utopia, Koryohan, Loli County, Warcaa, Pasargad, Orado, Yukti, Pazair, Unimaginable Doom, The Iron Lions, Phoeba, New Lakemba, Tachycardia, Seenvorland, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Vincone Cae, Black Templares, Germanic Araya, Dabarastan, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Opstan, Parmovand, and Maott.