“Pax et felicitatem”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the Pacific
The Commonwealth of Karbanoria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lebelon Damberly with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.813 billion Karbanorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luvertos. The average income tax rate is 75.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Karbanori economy, worth 357 trillion corbanoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,316 corbanoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dentists routinely perform open heart surgery, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade, and the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karbanoria's national animal is the cormorant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karbanoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Karbanoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Karbanoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Karbanoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Karbanoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Karbanoria was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Karbanoria was endorsed by The Star Fox of Jar Wattinree.
- : Karbanoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Karbanoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Karbanoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".