“I ran out of motto ideas”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Commonwealth of Laretia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.372 billion Laretians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 55.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Laretian economy, worth 159 trillion credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 116,257 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The insurance industry is outlawed, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', it is common to still see adults with training wheels on their bikes, and political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laretia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Empire of Spoilt Blood.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Laretia was endorsed by The Avian Federation of Axdel.
- : Following new legislation in Laretia, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Laretia, it is common to still see adults with training wheels on their bikes.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Marrico, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Libertanny, La xinga, BearStackof2015, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Eagas, Yemeni Locusts, Brotherland, Firenation91, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Roissyland, Axdel, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.