“A New Beginning”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Revived State of Morriband is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Chancellor with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.158 billion Morrids have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Morriband City. The average income tax rate is 70.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Morrid economy, worth a remarkable 1,061 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,101 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, and there's never enough space in space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morriband's national animal is the Narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morriband was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Morriband was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Morriband was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average and Largest Black Market.
- : Morriband endorsed The Holy Constitutional Monarchy of Comackia.
- : Morriband updated the World Factbook entry in Qiama.
- : Morriband agreed to construct embassies between Qiama and Codex Ylvus.
- : Morriband lodged a message on the Qiama Regional Message Board.
- : Morriband's influence in Qiama fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Morriband's influence in Qiama fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Morriband's influence in Qiama fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
Endorsements Received: None.