“Don't bother us; Live in peace”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Commonwealth of Oskoldia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by BelSon with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.521 billion Oskolds are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 86.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oskoldian economy, worth 372 trillion Osks a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,851 Osks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", religious officials are furious after discovering that things made of stone do not burn well at the stake, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts, and Jennifer Government is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oskoldia's national animal is the panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oskoldia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Oskoldia was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Oskoldia was endorsed by The Banana Republic of Stanisiti.
- : Following new legislation in Oskoldia, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Oskoldia, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts.
- : Following new legislation in Oskoldia, religious officials are furious after discovering that things made of stone do not burn well at the stake.
- : Oskoldia endorsed The United Kingdom of La xinga.
- : Oskoldia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of La xinga.
- : Oskoldia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Following new legislation in Oskoldia, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
Endorsements Received: 52 » Wiranath, A Slanted Black Stripe, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, Ver Norge, Peryn, Someseni, Bachtendekuppen, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Socialist Holy American Empire, United China Nation, Marrico, Davelands, Ridann, The Sacred Whale, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, VW53Aland, Hizuru, Solarfall, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Axdel, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, Roissyland, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Just Vale 2, BearStackof2015, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Funkadelia, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The United Neo American Union, Sheelberite, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Escade, Republic of Berzerkistan, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, La xinga, and 2 others.Stanisiti, and Commodore Badger.