“Peacemakers, not peacetakers” Giselle M Fox
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Unproven
|Leader||Giselle M Fox|
The Most Serene Republic of Parlton is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Giselle M Fox with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.595 billion Parltonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosebourg. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Parltonian economy, worth 272 trillion Parlish Marks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,931 Parlish Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dove is one of the most popular forenames in Parlton, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, the Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate, and people find it hard to relate to soldiers because of the dehumanising masks they wear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parlton's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Parlton, people find it hard to relate to soldiers because of the dehumanising masks they wear.
- : Following new legislation in Parlton, the Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate.
- : Following new legislation in Parlton, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Parlton was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Parlton's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Parlton was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs, the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates, and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Parlton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Parlton was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Parlton changed its national animal to "Dove".
- : Parlton changed its national motto to "Peacemakers, not peacetakers".
Endorsements Received: None.