“For the Empire”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||Grand Emperor Ramos|
The Empire of Romosia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Grand Emperor Ramos with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 24.675 billion Romosians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperia. The average income tax rate is 84.8%.
The enormous but inefficient Romosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,189 trillion dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 48,193 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, and the tightness of border controls in Romosia leave a little to be desired. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romosia's national animal is the eagal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Romosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Romosia's influence in The Rejected Realms fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Romosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Romosia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Romosia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Romosia relocated from Osiris to The Rejected Realms.
- : Romosia changed its national animal to "eagal" and its capital to "Imperia".
- : Romosia altered its national flag.
- : Romosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.