“Smartness and Force”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Dictatorship of Serkostan is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 841 million Serkostanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ulya. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Serkostanian economy, worth 88.2 trillion serks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 104,825 serks, with the richest citizens earning 7.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, Leader has just been declared ruler of Serkostan in an international press conference, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones, and undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serkostan's national animal is the rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Serkostan was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Serkostan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, Leader has just been declared ruler of Serkostan in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, the Serkostanian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Serkostan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- : Following new legislation in Serkostan, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Quiescent, Erinor, Wehraboos, Stoniamera, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Wyatonians, Aidenfieeld, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Academy of Umbrellas, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Concrete Slab, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Dasko, Xandev, Jahass, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Upper Tyrconnel, Anachronolandia, Pays de Loire, Qawe, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Phanama, Beepee, Aurcania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, United Federated States of Omega, P R of China, Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, Tsvetania, New Briantown, Sedunn, Imperial Duck, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, and Paranoia.