“Such Is Life”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Eientei Gensokyo
|Capital||The Temple Of Skulls|
The Dominion of The Australian East Coast is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 573 million East Australians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Temple Of Skulls. The average income tax rate is 49.2%.
The very strong Australian East Coastian economy, worth 46.5 trillion Dollers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Book Publishing, Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 81,075 Dollers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
One tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, and citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Australian East Coast's national animal is the Wedge-Tailed Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Australian East Coast's influence in Eientei Gensokyo rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Australian East Coast was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in The Australian East Coast, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing.
- : The Australian East Coast voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Christian Democrats".
- : The Australian East Coast voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : The Australian East Coast voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : The Australian East Coast voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in The Australian East Coast, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in The Australian East Coast, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins.
- : Following new legislation in The Australian East Coast, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Tostandia, Grimmechania, Anarcho-Monarchist Mocha, Reiujiberg, Experiment Taisho, These United States of the Inner Planets, Penguintos, Albrook, Spolia, PoliticallyIncorrectHeaven, Pidrotnia, Eldrath, Veristal, Homuhomuhomu, Union of Zhaonan, and Useless Text.