“Doxa stin Konstantinos Megas!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Great Tenochtitlan Entente
|Leader||Ecumenical Patriarch Photios III|
|Faith||Orthodox Catholic Church|
The Ecumenical Patriarchate of The Hellespont is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ecumenical Patriarch Photios III with an iron fist, and notable for its ban on automobiles, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 2.461 billion Rhomaioi are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konstantinopoli. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Rhomai economy, worth 435 trillion Nomismatas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 176,875 Nomismatas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Kraken is one of the most popular forenames in The Hellespont, protests are legal but strictly supervised, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage', and people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Hellespont's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Orthodox Catholic Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Hellespont, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile.
- : Following new legislation in The Hellespont, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage'.
- : Following new legislation in The Hellespont, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in The Hellespont, Kraken is one of the most popular forenames in The Hellespont.
- : The Hellespont lodged a message on the Great Tenochtitlan Entente Regional Message Board.
- : The Hellespont withdrew its endorsement from The Technocratic Empire States of The New United Sincostan.
- : The Hellespont voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : The Hellespont voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : The Hellespont was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Hellespont applied to join the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.