“Capitalism is the greatest form of anarchy”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Conch Kingdom
The Incorporated States of The Pir is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 322 million Pirians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pir City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Pirian economy, worth 38.5 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 119,502 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 501,629 per year while the poor average 18,505, a ratio of 27.1 to 1.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's, and the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Pir's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Pir was endorsed by The People's Republic of Hockeyyekcoh.
- : The Pir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, farmers are complaining that the buzzing and the sparks from the nearby MagRail are blighting their crops.
- : The Pir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : The Pir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : The Pir was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Pedramian.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Socialist Platypus, Free Azell, Balan Bar, Nibelia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lislandia, Oak River, Pervincia, Oktadonia, Nateros Sill, Untied States of Matter, Xavier The 1, Sialked, Cle Brait, Primis Tenebris, Dyrland, StarGaiz, Land of Legacy, Terra Valor, Gatorstan, Glorsto, TSSOA, Atila, Lucensia, El Blurkistan, Duby, JoshRunsAGovernment, Elythrea, Stustu, Space Nudists, Swiss Hommousionopia, Coliapa, Kurczak Mielony, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Zuelong, Ciapore, Aelandi, Saint Killebrew, Charville, Tolerian Empire, Creditopia, Nova Briton, GreatBritannia, Deblar, Beamoparoliustopia, Cyzixraqab, The Orange Microwaves, Nomano, Reverya, SocioLiber, and 16 others.Smosh games, Saitair, WeeTurds, Vivenxistan, The Free City of Nelson, Sussex-Frederica, Jossel, Hubdova, The commonwealth of Britanniaa, Wakaru, Akara Pupa Tena, Kursibar, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Reslas, and Hockeyyekcoh.