“We are unique”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Confederacy of Valtante is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 259 million Valtanteans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 11.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Valtantean economy, worth 12.5 trillion Titos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is 48,160 Titos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Hell is not always other people, the nation's prisons are touted as the best weight loss programs money can't buy, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, and there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees. Crime is almost non-existent. Valtante's national animal is the Squirrell, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, the nation's prisons are touted as the best weight loss programs money can't buy.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, hell is not always other people.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Valtante was endorsed by The Queendom of Eravonia.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, entire families are dragged into counseling whenever children fight on a playground.
- : Following new legislation in Valtante, according to the latest national census as many as two-thirds of the respondents possibly consider 'violet' their favorite color.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Alusten, Alunya, Shibutani, The Rhein States, Racoda, Runeda, Corfad, Shin-Hachioji, Duerrlewang, Sunto, Loutsland, Yaorozu, Ponantine, Great Bights Mum, El Fiji Grande, Omnistria, New Octicarg, Siwale, Notyoutopia, Zumlandia, Kasazzastan, Sockmanland, Daiz, Makersaulache, Great Javadwipa, Nakayo, Pasargad, Trillius, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Koda-Land, Sundred, Kwaj, Guer Aike, North Bratislava, 1 very fast endotarter, Bearical, Wisconsota, Wineclaw, Aratani, Holy Oranz, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Steampunk Ariel, Federation Terra Australis, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, The Tampa Bay Rays, McMasterdonia, Gnomewatchers, Shadowrik, Amauri, and 41 others.Cuyan, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Selfgradatude, Moubarakistan, The Stratosphere Islands, Spartoptia, Territorio di Nessuno, Solskjar, Glurponia, New Bremerton, PlanetPunk, Wilkshire, Clan Spaniel, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Angshire, Miruma, Pallaith, Kranostav, Zecit, Penrith, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, Unimaginable Doom, Empy, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Black Templares, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, Viridiann, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Orado, Maott, Juggernautilus, and Eravonia.