“History remembers the winner”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Democratic Republic of Yamatochi is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.07 billion Yamatochians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 20.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Yamatochian economy, worth 61.1 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 57,111 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
City rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of high velocity delivery drones, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers, and military information leaks are **REDACTED** by **REDACTED** in **REDACTED**. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Yamatochi's national animal is the kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yamatochi's influence in Force rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Yamatochi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Yamatochi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Yamatochi was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Antarctic Peninsula and Brand Peak.
- : Yamatochi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Yamatochi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Yamatochi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Yamatochi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Honor-Based Violence".
- : Yamatochi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Minineenee".
- : Yamatochi endorsed The Republic of New Waltonburg.