by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Refugia Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .53545556575859. . .6162»

KlyJanoragh wrote:How do we feel about life in Refugia?

Apparently you're not a fan since it appears on our end that you spammed the place up with puppet nation 'Sugrinla.'

Thank you, great old ones.

I suppose we will just have to stop giving people regional officer positions if they're just going to keep doing this one trick.

Also hello everyone, I have called the poll. We all have seven days from approximately the time on this message to vote on whether or not we should establish embassies with Taiwan, given the reasoning supplied in my dispatch. Thank you for reading!

Sylh Alanor wrote:Thank you, great old ones.

I suppose we will just have to stop giving people regional officer positions if they're just going to keep doing this one trick.

I did not realize HOW highly unfortunate this was.

I also informed The Rejected Realms who they now have in their midst since with their alt account that they caused trouble here with they already caused trouble there before being banished to it on their main(?).

DC Kurdistan wrote:Hello.

Sup! What Flohovistan said!

I wish to explain my vote on the current referendum.
While I wish to expand our diplomatic reach into the world, the region in question seems to be a low activity, news aggregation region. The patterns of activity and number of embassies indicate a region existing mainly to establish embassies, with regional activity as an afterthought.
And although agree with their stances and tags, as well as their choice in regional embassies, the fact that we just removed an embassy from a defunct region with similar activity levels has led to my decision to abstain from the current vote.
I do not intend to influence votes with this, I merely wish to explain my vote.

Chacapoya wrote:I wish to explain my vote on the current referendum.
While I wish to expand our diplomatic reach into the world, the region in question seems to be a low activity, news aggregation region. The patterns of activity and number of embassies indicate a region existing mainly to establish embassies, with regional activity as an afterthought.
And although agree with their stances and tags, as well as their choice in regional embassies, the fact that we just removed an embassy from a defunct region with similar activity levels has led to my decision to abstain from the current vote.
I do not intend to influence votes with this, I merely wish to explain my vote.

Your reasoning is extremely sound, and I might even suggest it's worth a "no" vote, but if abstaining is where you're most comfortable, I think that's totally valid.

Chacapoya wrote:I wish to explain my vote on the current referendum.
While I wish to expand our diplomatic reach into the world, the region in question seems to be a low activity, news aggregation region. The patterns of activity and number of embassies indicate a region existing mainly to establish embassies, with regional activity as an afterthought.
And although agree with their stances and tags, as well as their choice in regional embassies, the fact that we just removed an embassy from a defunct region with similar activity levels has led to my decision to abstain from the current vote.
I do not intend to influence votes with this, I merely wish to explain my vote.

Taking this opinion into account and after shuffling it, the Hannovria foreign affairs delegation changes the yes vote to abstention. We want to make it known that the comment has not influenced, but that we have taken it as a suggestion.

China will not be happy if you construct an embassy with Taiwan. An economic and cultural office, however...

DC Kurdistan wrote:China will not be happy if you construct an embassy with Taiwan. An economic and cultural office, however...

Ironically, the region China has embassies with Taiwan.

Chacapoya wrote:Ironically, the region China has embassies with Taiwan.

I was reading their embassies out loud because some of them were funny, and had to stop when I got to China because it actually made me laugh out loud.

Heya all. Just doing my monthly check in. Life hasn't been so great, but Refugia rocks again nowadays, which is awesome!

Narwhal wrote:Heya all. Just doing my monthly check in. Life hasn't been so great, but Refugia rocks again nowadays, which is awesome!

I'm sorry to hear that! If there's anything I can do for ya, lmk!

Narwhal wrote:Heya all. Just doing my monthly check in. Life hasn't been so great, but Refugia rocks again nowadays, which is awesome!

Oh no, I'm sorry Samu :c
But you can come here any time and we'll try to cheer you up

Narwhal wrote:Heya all. Just doing my monthly check in. Life hasn't been so great, but Refugia rocks again nowadays, which is awesome!

Don't be afraid to let us know why if you're comfortable with it.

I would like to take a second to celebrate that I've just completed a Season 2 Refugia card collection, thanks tremendously to Nadezka finding the card for Russia number 5 in a kind of one-in-a-million draw!

page=deck/collection=16699

Melenavenia wrote:I would like to announce my candidacy for the Councillor of the Interior. Here is my announcement/campaign post:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1390104

I am tentatively pleased to announce that Melenavenia has been appointed to Councillor of the Interior, and hopefully breaks the trend of newly appointed ROs disassociating from known reality XD
Congrats and good luck :3

Narwhal wrote:Heya all. Just doing my monthly check in. Life hasn't been so great, but Refugia rocks again nowadays, which is awesome!

Hi Samu, I missed you, and I hope life gets better for you soon <3

Also congratulations Melenavenia!

Side note, I know the Issues in this game are designed to be exaggerated caricatures, but one I just came across was somewhat upsetting.
Asking whether polygamy was ok, my options were, 1.No 2. Yes 3. Yes, allow gay marriage, and legalize marrying your pets (with implied bestiality).

This frustrates me, with the common anti LGBT+ argument of a slippery slope, oft with the example of legalizing pedophilia or bestiality as soon as gay marriage is legalized.
To see this reinforced is unfortunate at best.

Chacapoya wrote:Side note, I know the Issues in this game are designed to be exaggerated caricatures, but one I just came across was somewhat upsetting.
Asking whether polygamy was ok, my options were, 1.No 2. Yes 3. Yes, allow gay marriage, and legalize marrying your pets (with implied bestiality).

This frustrates me, with the common anti LGBT+ argument of a slippery slope, oft with the example of legalizing pedophilia or bestiality as soon as gay marriage is legalized.
To see this reinforced is unfortunate at best.

I support what you say, it is totally unacceptable.
Ideas of what can we do?

Chacapoya wrote:-snip-

I'm sorry you had to experience that, friend. A lot of the time, the issue makers seem to throw in the worst arguments against something and they don't think or don't care about the consequences.

I'm all for making fun of problematic people or opinions to take away their power, but that requires precision in your writing. Just giving these options constantly is normalising the argument and internalising it as valid for a lot of the members of the site. And it's like... the general discussion forum is bad because of that, too.

It's frustrating, and I'm sorry :c

Sylh Alanor wrote:I'm sorry you had to experience that, friend. A lot of the time, the issue makers seem to throw in the worst arguments against something and they don't think or don't care about the consequences.

Yeah :/
Doing further research, this is issue #32. Published in 2003, edited by the Creator himself.
Explains some, yet still disappointing.

Refuge Isle wrote:-snip-

I've been working on my own Refugia card collection if you remember that. I've been doing it a bit differently however by also collecting the cards of nations that do not have Refugia on them but they are/were members of the region.

I promise you I will not continue that trend. However I am currently a bit less active at the moment because I am out of town with different people in my family (has been the case for a couple weeks now) but I'll be back Friday and then I'll resume my normal activity. Imma drop my Discord here because it's the best and fastest way to contact me (Raskuly#0627). I'll make a dispatch and put my Discord tag in it once I'm on my laptop and send it here. Thank you for the congratulations and the good luck. :)

Sylh Alanor wrote:Also congratulations Melenavenia!

Thanks. :)

Chacapoya wrote:-snip-

It does not help that zoophiles and pedophiles have and are actively trying to disguise themselves as members of the LGBT community in order to justify and protect themselves.

I know this for a fact because I've gone down the rabbit hole of finding one Twitter account that says "zoosexual" and through it finding dozens upon dozens of other accounts of other people with the same "zoosexual" description or "pedosexual".

Melenavenia wrote:It does not help that zoophiles and pedophiles have and are actively trying to disguise themselves as members of the LGBT community in order to justify and protect themselves.

I know this for a fact because I've gone down the rabbit hole of finding one Twitter account that says "zoosexual" and through it finding dozens upon dozens of other accounts of other people with the same "zoosexual" description or "pedosexual".

That's absolutely something that happens, but you have to consider that many of those people are really just fascists' alt accounts who want to stir up a moral panic. The possibility of pedophiles/zoophiles becoming accepted as part of the LGBT+ umbrella is basically zero, but but it's a huge cash cow for homophobic news networks to trot out whenever they want a quick ratings boost, so it never goes away as this supposed looming threat.

«12. . .53545556575859. . .6162»

Advertisement