“al cite mu sentiment a prez”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Hsiao Han
The Queendom of Carmel Ridge is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical, devout population of 6.097 billion Carmel Ridgeans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Carmel Ridgean economy, worth 207 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,037 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending is on the increase, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carmel Ridge's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Hermit" to "Apprentice".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Carmel Ridge relocated from Purgatory to Hsiao Han.
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Purgatory rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Purgatory rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Purgatory rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Carmel Ridge's influence in Purgatory rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Carmel Ridge relocated from The Republic of Lebanon to Purgatory.