“Might Makes Right”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Greater Bugaria
The Queendom of Firebrats is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 682 million Firebratsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 71.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Firebratsian economy, worth 4.91 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery and Tourism. Average income is 7,193 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, cars are banned, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, and gambling is outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Firebrats's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Firebrats was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Firebrats was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Firebrats, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Firebrats, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- : Following new legislation in Firebrats, cars are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Firebrats, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Firebrats, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Firebrats agreed to construct embassies between Greater Bugaria and Doopia.
- : Firebrats was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian, Most Income Equality, and Most Extreme and the Top 10% for Most Ignorant Citizens and Most Conservative.
- : Firebrats's influence in Greater Bugaria rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".