“We stand together for a better tomorrow.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Greater Dienstad
|Animal||Blackish Blue Tiger|
The Federal Republic of Greal is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 28.971 billion Grealis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sasha. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Grealian economy, worth a remarkable 9,546 trillion Greali Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 329,535 Greali Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
A traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas", and fat-shaming is now public policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greal's national animal is the Blackish Blue Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Greal, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Greal, concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas".
- : Following new legislation in Greal, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Greal, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
- : Greal's influence in Greater Dienstad fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Greal's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Greal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Valanora".
- : Greal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions on Forced Eugenics".
- : Greal lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » McNernia.