|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Greater Dienstad
|Leader||Warmarshal Leon Krell|
|Animal||Lyran Drop Bear|
The Protectorate of Lyras is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Warmarshal Leon Krell with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, parental licensing program, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 31.691 billion Lyrans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bredubar. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Lyran economy, worth an astonishing 15,814 trillion Varessan crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 499,027 Varessan crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear, the military is plagued with unethical researchers, and the government defends a woman's right to choose. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Lyras's national animal is the Lyran Drop Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, the government defends a woman's right to choose.
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, the military is plagued with unethical researchers.
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Lyras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries.
- : Lyras was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lyras was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, Big Brother is still watching even when your big brother is dead.
- : Lyras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Lyras, the military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies.