“All the men and women are merely players.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Federal Democratic Republic of Mapperdonia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its national health service, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 880 million Mapperdons enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ortelius. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mapperdonian economy, worth 103 trillion Mapperdon dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,079 Mapperdon dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls, and pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty. Crime is totally unknown. Mapperdonia's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Mapperdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls.
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Mapperdonia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of United Home Wreckers.
- : Mapperdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Mapperdonia, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Narvatus, Grand Abaco, OF Arian Hellas, Emaha, My Nation, Galali, Xurisha, Red Foxia, Republic of Arstotska, Eluthania, The Nation of JH, Tigerania, BurgerKing, Gufand, Sparsdan, Ulymein, Ste Franin, Pathon, Tricastinie, Moka Pamplemousses, Decitealis, Basalistan, Laidir, Saintrilu, Terrarum, Unova SSR, Sulivannia, Literian, Alphabeth, Syrisia, The Republic of Awesometopia, BBoss, Ratakosha, Himmel Ende, Chtholly, New Carthagea, Artannia, Acceel, Arbuza, Gargarian, Lets go to Space, The Martelex Islands, and United Home Wreckers.