“Honk, honk, quack. I have a speech impediment.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: World Republic
The Airborne Flock of Migrating Geese is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by MaMa Goose with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 43.521 billion Geese are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Birdland. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.0%.
The large but sluggish Migrating Geesean economy, worth 845 trillion nest eggs a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 19,428 nest eggs, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories', shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes, children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants, and high school bands practice by moonlight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Migrating Geese's national animal is the goose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Migrating Geese's influence in World Republic rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Migrating Geese's influence in World Republic rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Migrating Geese lodged a message on the World Republic Regional Message Board.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from World United Nations to World Republic.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from World War in 1800 to World United Nations.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from World Wrestling Entertainment Inc to World War in 1800.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from World Wrestling Federation Inc to World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from Worldwide british empire to World Wrestling Federation Inc.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from Worldwide british empire 2 to Worldwide british empire.
- : Migrating Geese relocated from Wounded Moon Lake to Worldwide british empire 2.