“All as One”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Union Huvstad of Niamark is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nye Mark with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 3.308 billion Niamarkers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Niamark. The average income tax rate is 7.6%.
The strong Niamarker economy, worth 186 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 56,382 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Glytch worship has been named as Niamark's national religion, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Niamark's national animal is the Nes, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Glytch worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Niamark removed the tag "Past Tech" from Niamark.
- : Niamark added the tag "Casual" to Niamark.
- : Niamark removed the tag "Democratic" from Niamark.
- : Niamark added the tag "Anti-Fascist" to Niamark.
- : Niamark published "What is a Government? A Niamarkerís Guide to Roleplay, Government, and Administration" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Niamark renamed the office held by The Rogue Nation of Oi Barbaroi from "Reeve of Engagement" to "Barb" in Niamark.
- : Niamark renamed the office held by The Carian Stronghold of Lycos from "Larry / Interim Head of Diplomacy" to "Cyning Cari / Interim Head of Diplomacy" in Niamark.
- : Niamark renamed the office held by The Republic of Holocovoy from "Reeve of Culture / Skald Director" to "Skald Director / Resident Naysayer" in Niamark.
- : Niamark granted Appearance and Polls authority to The Democratic Republic of Blazewater and renamed the office from "Fogde" to "Reeve of Engagement / Fogde" in Niamark.
- : Niamark granted Appearance and Communications authority to The Democratic Republic of Woodapple and renamed the office from "Junior Inquisitor" to "Reeve of Culture" in Niamark.