“You Cannot Escape Your Escape”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Hippy Haven
The Free Land of Rihooka is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Kirsten with a fair hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.122 billion Rihookans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Rihookan economy, worth a remarkable 1,030 trillion Ris a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 126,869 Ris, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Autocrats are persona non grata, prison visits increase substantially during election years, helping grandma with her Misgendering 101 homework is a national rite of passage, and films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rihooka's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rihooka, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
- : Following new legislation in Rihooka, helping grandma with her Misgendering 101 homework is a national rite of passage.
- : Following new legislation in Rihooka, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Rihooka, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Rihooka, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense.
- : Rihooka's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Rihooka was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Rihooka was endorsed by The Autonomous Co-operatives of Socialist Sleepystan.
- : Rihooka's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Rihooka voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Arconian Empire".