“Quite So Far” the Governor
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Queen's State of Takla is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Governor with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and complete lack of prisons. The democratic population of 24.581 billion Taklans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 10.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Taklan economy, worth 806 trillion betales a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,809 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers. Crime is relatively low. Takla's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Takla's influence in Senegal rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Takla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Takla's influence in Senegal rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Takla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Takla's influence in Senegal rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Takla's influence in Senegal rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Takla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified and Most Dead.
- : Takla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Takla's influence in Senegal rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Takla's influence in Senegal fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".