“Sic Itur Ad Astra”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Federal Republic of Teonage is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Anahuac with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, aversion to nipples, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.409 billion Teonageans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soccoro Falls. The average income tax rate is 41.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Teonagean economy, worth 156 trillion guilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,945 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Teonagean sovereign territory, Teonage Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Soccoro Falls Natural History Museum, and people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Teonage's national animal is the Scarlet Tatinger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Solarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Teonage was endorsed by The Komunejo of Shoila.
- : Teonage endorsed The United Kingdom of Marie Byrd.
- : Following new legislation in Teonage, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size.
- : Following new legislation in Teonage, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Soccoro Falls Natural History Museum.
- : Following new legislation in Teonage, Teonage Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- : Following new legislation in Teonage, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Teonagean sovereign territory.
- : Teonage voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Teonage, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Teonage was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Marie Byrd.
- : Teonage was endorsed by The Free Land of Cirrus Azaleum.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Islonia, Xernon, Lemonadia, Andusre, Titanne, Behniastan, Greater Conexus, Liberty et Justice, Freytoria, Levantx, Indian Genius, The deadline, Fishergate, Rayekka, Creckelenney, Pundungnagara, The Islamic Country of Honour, Paropia, Arirang Hill, United Zealandic, Izan770, Cirrus Azaleum, Marie Byrd, and Shoila.