“If It Was Not For The Lawyers”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Queen's State of Zouyah is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 15.171 billion Zouyahians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Industry and Defense are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The thriving Zouyahian economy, worth 738 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Retail, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 48,672 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 140,959 per year while the poor average 13,318, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Voting is compulsory. Crime is a problem. Zouyah's national animal is the deer.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zouyah's influence in Missouri rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Zouyah's influence in Missouri rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Zouyah's influence in Missouri rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zouyah's influence in Missouri rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zouyah's influence in Missouri rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Zouyah relocated from Purgatory to Missouri.
- : Zouyah relocated from New Delhi to Purgatory.
- : Zouyah relocated from Nuget to New Delhi.
- : Zouyah proposed constructing embassies between Nuget and Commonwealth of north america.
- : Zouyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.