“O, Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Republic of Kyupaa is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Winterlady with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 40.418 billion Kyupaans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ivdisha. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Kyupaan economy, worth 989 trillion chalices a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 24,493 chalices, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Superfoods are often seen as supervillains, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, and manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kyupaa's national animal is the porcupine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Kyupaa was endorsed by The Theocracy of Kaacko.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Kyupaa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, superfoods are often seen as supervillains.
- : Kyupaa was endorsed by The Principality of Bensonsign.
- : Kyupaa's influence in NationStates rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kyupaa was endorsed by Discordia united.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Mikeswill, Arithei, Joviality, Liata, The Double Wing, Ionistan, Xaviena, Patria Augusta, Mandexia, Beanz, East Blepia, United Drafonstland, Korwin, Flaaklypa, Dindrenzi, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, and Kaacko.