“Blood For Blood.” Menenite Kamlenk
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Socialist Federative States of Molossiania is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Menenite Kamlenk with an iron fist, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, free-roaming dinosaurs, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.109 billion Molossianians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand MesKow. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Molossianian economy, worth 547 trillion Gregorius Ruble's a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 133,210 Gregorius Ruble's, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats, meat-eating is frowned upon, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, and pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Molossiania's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Stalinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, a The North Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Molossiania #1 for number twos.
- : Molossiania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, new legislators take a week-long class entitled "Keeping Your Job: How to Avoid Offending Menenite Kamlenk".
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Molossiania lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Molossiania, toddler groups have taken over local libraries.