“Amor libertatem, ac tenetur in sempiternum”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||the Federal Council|
The Federal Republic of Norilskia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Federal Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, state-planned economy, and parental licensing program. The democratic population of 4.095 billion Norilskians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Jérôme. The average income tax rate is 72.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Norilskian economy, worth 483 trillion Norilsk Shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 118,018 Norilsk Shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, and military officers are given medals for disobeying orders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norilskia's national animal is the Wallaby, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norilskia was endorsed by The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble.
- : Norilskia was endorsed by The Kittens of Godly City.
- : Norilskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Norilskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Norilskia, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Norilskia, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Norilskia, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Norilskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Norilskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Norilskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".