“I HATE MOTTOS!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Page
The Loosely Associated Provinces of Zerphen is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.753 billion Zerphenians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zerphenian economy, worth 200 trillion zecks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 114,189 zecks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric, and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime is totally unknown. Zerphen's national animal is the not snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Zerphen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, the population's jaw muscles put sharks to shame.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Zerphen endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Yoakekuni.
- : Zerphen was endorsed by The United Tribes of Sonnveld.
- : Zerphen was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Yoakekuni.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Ownzone, York Zionia, Ruinenlust, Jutsa, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Talgarth, Phillip Isle, Atsvea, Rhodevus, Canaltia, The Black Forrest, Lura, Roless, Pen Blanityion, Hyon Delta, Imperial States of Duotona, Republik Hintonia, Fartsniffage, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Prusmia, Uan aa Boa, Wizardonia, Columbiqash, Forest Virginia, Kawastyselir, Tscharva, Bananaistan, Cuillin, Love and Nature, Ziotah and Riverside, Kyratistani, Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Velichye, Cat-Herders United, Caer Neamh, Kase, Metolius, Galaxiak, The Void Territories, Effazio, Plifte, Viencia, The Cypher Nine, Eryndlynd, Taco Respublic, Alcantaria, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Chilledsville, and 24 others.Novian Republics, Otuken Yurt, Ironic Remarks, Lofia, Anachronolandia, Ecologist Hegemony, Turiol Empire, Shalotte, Caterasia, Ordand, Forgotten Beauty, Entitize, Sean Fiobha, Edible Plywood, Nordustra, Greyveldt, Ypogegrammeni, Xaokova, Great Julunaphra, Siornor, Heidgaudr, Daarwyrth, Yoakekuni, and Sonnveld.