“The sound of a gong followed by the sound of a cannon”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Devide by Zero
The Armed Republic of Drums is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 310 million Drummers are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gong City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Drummish economy, worth 38.0 trillion cashy-cashes a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 122,492 cashy-cashes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 743,626 per year while the poor average 8,978, a ratio of 82.8 to 1.
Labour strikes are routinely squashed by police, the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Drums's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drums was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and the Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Drums, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Drums changed its national motto to "The sound of a gong followed by the sound of a cannon".
- : Drums changed its national capital to "Gong City" and its motto to "*sound of a gong*".
- : Drums changed its national motto to "Tap, Tap, Brrap".
- : Drums changed its national capital to "Gongdong" and its motto to "Tap, Tap, Tap".
- : Drums revoked its national capital.
- : Following new legislation in Drums, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent.
- : Following new legislation in Drums, the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour.
- : Drums was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Armed.