“Through Adversity to the Stars”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Invaders
The Invasion of Rain Delay is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Rose with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 17.9 billion Roseians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Invader Camp. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Rain Delayian economy, worth a remarkable 4,008 trillion Raids a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 223,933 Raids, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 724,894 per year while the poor average 52,238, a ratio of 13.9 to 1.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the long arm of the law possesses a rather slow hand, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, and the death penalty has been reintroduced. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rain Delay's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Branch.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, the long arm of the law possesses a rather slow hand.
- : Rain Delay was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, the Department of Health is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, 4-year-olds studying for their mathematics exams are anxious that they will be unemployable in adulthood if they fail.
- : Rain Delay voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Rain Delay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Fortunate Cookies, KimJongUnIsBest, The Spiffing Brit, The Grand Imperial Reich, Marfaleth Range, Reformed Prottadium, Warlord Palestine, United Cats of America, Moryazvia, Gong, Jae6785land, The Natitzer, Matiropazan Islands, Imperium Secundus-Realm of Ultramar, Krembles, The Four Core Stars, The Freemen of the South, The Nacht Fleet, and Danksoul.