“E pluribus unum.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
|Capital||District of Columbia|
The United Commonwealths of The Washington Federation is a massive, genial nation, ruled by George Washington with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.207 billion Washingtonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of District of Columbia. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Washingtonian economy, worth 155 trillion Richmonds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is 70,342 Richmonds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
For just a few extra Richmonds Washingtonians can get new driving records with their new cars, burnt-out forty-foot-tall wicker men dot the countryside, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings, and foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Washington Federation's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Manifest Destiny.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Washington Federation's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : The Washington Federation was endorsed by The Republic of United Lovervyche.
- : Following new legislation in The Washington Federation, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best.
- : Following new legislation in The Washington Federation, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in The Washington Federation, burnt-out forty-foot-tall wicker men dot the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in The Washington Federation, for just a few extra Richmonds Washingtonians can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in The Washington Federation, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : The Washington Federation endorsed The Republic of United Lovervyche.
- : The Washington Federation endorsed United kingdom of dogs.
- : The Washington Federation endorsed The Dictatorship of Maltesestan.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Santu Surgo, Socialistic Britain, Yodle, Pifflepoff, Tychovo, Aya Democratic Republic, Lkandria, Partisan Italy, Ardeyn, Chivka, Samstiel, New United Common-lands, Dogeiana, Lotarmy, The Green Environment, Republic of Penguinian Astronautia, Danlandea, Lunmania, Peoples Republic of Peepeeland, Restored Peoples, Mars Hotel, Greater Drussi, Plattland, Asturii, Maltesestan, Liliths Revenge, and United Lovervyche.