“Compassion and Justice”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Leftist Assembly
The Commonwealth of Biotopia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Principle with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, free-roaming dinosaurs, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cheerful population of 29.275 billion Biotopians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Kordam. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Biotopian economy, worth a remarkable 6,382 trillion BioMs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 218,034 BioMs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene, and the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biotopia's national animal is the Sea Serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Reverie.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Biotopia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Narodnya.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene.
- : Biotopia was endorsed by The Federation of Neo Enderion.
- : Biotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, the jackhammer is considered a tool of artistic criticism.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Biotopia, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Sincadenas, Ephros, Antinios, Llorens, Nepacton Murt, Picuros, Buttia, Anarchocommunists of the World, Nangka, Transcommunist Republics, Dyl, Martilliopen, Kawany, Ghillemear, Republic of Braz, Caspersland, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Henchikurin, Sorwickshire, Argentigrad, Rorlenland, Grod Island, Loudon, Lalune, Hussitics, Silverfish37, Kavagrad, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Philippine Marxist Government, Carolia Aurea, Socialist Great Picardy, New Volica, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Asturies-Llion, Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Anioniotopia, Soviet Catgirls, Agatep, Claiomha, Komuna, Slackertown, Socialist Columbia, Zaratov, Lastolana, Eloren, Helionyx, Idontknowium, and 10 others.Ezmwalia, Rigaloria, Shermani, Wagrurg, Eskhaton, New Samon, Podria, Das Pardgulew, Neo Enderion, and Narodnya.