“Deus Vult” Prime Minister Giorgio Cavallo
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: The Western Isles
|Leader||Prime Minister Giorgio Cavallo|
The Republic of San Montagna is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Giorgio Cavallo with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, ubiquitous missile silos, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 6.783 billion San Montagnans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sabazio. The average income tax rate is 63.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Montagnan economy, worth a remarkable 1,601 trillion Lires a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 236,033 Lires, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Little children cry as their rainbow drawings are seized by the Straight-Thought Police, edutainment video games are taking San Montagna's students to the next level, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, and third world countries are rich in "I Love Sabazio" t-shirts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Montagna's national animal is the Cool animal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Montagna endorsed The Republic of Littolyo.
- : San Montagna was endorsed by The Republic of Littolyo.
- : San Montagna endorsed The Diktatura of Balnik.
- : San Montagna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : San Montagna was endorsed by The Grey Republic of Solaryia.
- : Following new legislation in San Montagna, third world countries are rich in "I Love Sabazio" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in San Montagna, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in San Montagna, edutainment video games are taking San Montagna's students to the next level.
- : San Montagna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in San Montagna, little children cry as their rainbow drawings are seized by the Straight-Thought Police.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Vancouvia, Noronica, Ostehaar, Athara Magarat, Keomora, Verdon, Linaviar, Chasia, Central Deimos, Townside, Miklania, Aruia, Great-Imperialonia, Murab, Orsandia, Cosie, Dothrakia, Dragao do Mar, Frencin, Razzgriz, Corindia, Nhoor, Craiglang, Alteran Republics, Segentova, Serpens Land, Stapolka, Solaryia, and Littolyo.