“You sink down, you drown. Swim up, and stay afloat...” zao medong
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Capital||The Lane Pools|
The Layaqua of Pioneer Pool is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by zao medong with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, triple-decker prams, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 2.115 billion Layaquene have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Lane Pools. The average income tax rate is 10.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Layaq economy, worth 268 trillion Layaq Flimnyas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 126,767 Layaq Flimnyas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, unemployed butchers line the streets, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants, and citizens are arrested for naturally producing proteins. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pioneer Pool's national animal is the instruktar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is stabbius.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, citizens are arrested for naturally producing proteins.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, unemployed butchers line the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, a third of Layaquene are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, the government is coughing up funds for lung cancer victims.
- : Following new legislation in Pioneer Pool, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Layaq.
- : Pioneer Pool was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Pioneer Pool endorsed The Republic of Zekanza.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Treadwellia, Imkiville, Nargorthia, Aflana, Ecchi Unlimited, Captain Apollo, Aguaria Major, New Rogernomics, Americastrailia, Leonism, Hycronesia, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Kan Po, Aigania, Loftegen 2, Altmar, Derthal, Custadia, Courlany, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Lake Flotillas, Lazarene Ryccia, The New California Republic, Capercom, Sophisica, Tiegenhof, Steel Vagabonds, Kakatiya, Turkish-Ottoman, French Layaqua, Zapatian Workers State, Port Flynt, The Sigometh Dynasty, Shangri-La Valley, and Zekanza.