by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Catholic RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats (elected )

Founder: The Protection of Saint Michael The Archangel

Last WA Update:

World Factbook Entry

Catholic is a community of Christians loyal to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. We hold traditional Catholic beliefs, including in the Trinity and the Immaculate Conception. With the Holy Spirit at our side, we are devoted to the Catholic faith.

St. Michael the Archangel, Linkdefend us in battle.

Join LinkThe Core of Catholics discord server.



  1. 28

    World Assembly Voting Record (since June 13, 2012)

    FactbookInternational by Christian Democrats . 2,803 reads.

  2. 24

    Subsidiarity – The World Assembly – and the Catholic Nation

    BulletinOpinion by Frustrated Franciscans . 522 reads.

  3. 27

    Traditional Conservatism in the General Assembly

    MetaGameplay by Auralia . 617 reads.

  4. 56

    Pro-Life International FAQ

    MetaReference by Pro-life international . 2,562 reads.

▼ 1 More

Embassies: Vatican II, Vatican, Saint Margaret Mary, Right to Life, Catholicism, Res Publica Catholicae Borgiae, Coalition of Catholic States, Antarctic Oasis, The Alliance of Catholic Nations, Pro Life International, Catholic Defense Order, Jesus Christ, and Catholic Pro Life Region.

Tags: Enormous, Featured, and Religious.

Regional Power: High

Catholic contains 103 nations, the 215th most in the world.

ActivityHistoryAdministration

Today's World Census Report

The Most Advanced Public Transport in Catholic

World Census experts captured, tagged, and released trains in order to identify which nations have the most extensive, well-funded public transportation systems.

As a region, Catholic is ranked 4,642nd in the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Catholic Republic of The Papal FederationLiberal Democratic Socialists“Miserando atque Eligendo”
2.The Holy Majestic Grand Imperium of OmensaFather Knows Best State“ELATUM A DEO NON DEPRIMAT”
3.The Theocracy of State of the Teutonic Order in PrussiaIron Fist Consumerists“With God, all things are possible”
4.The Christian Democracy of UclauraIron Fist Consumerists“Gloria Patri, et filio, et spiritui sancto…”
5.The Opus Dei of SundiataNew York Times Democracy“Love as the Lord, for Love is the Lord.”
6.The Royal Court of Les VersaillesInoffensive Centrist Democracy“State of Grace”
7.The Republic of Arthur IIFather Knows Best State“Hard work pays off”
8.The Kingdom of Thomas MoreLeft-wing Utopia“Saint Thomas More, Pray For Us”
9.The Kingdom of AkazalandPsychotic Dictatorship“Unity Through God and Our Monarch”
10.The Kingdom of TrinitatisInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Ad majórem Dei glóriam”
1234. . .1011»

Regional Happenings

More...

Catholic Regional Message Board

Cristero wrote:I agree completely on Hobbes. Hobbes was indirectly responsible for what is now modern day liberalism (basis of social contract theory and emphasizes reason). His "Leviathan" was based entirely on 'reason', and while Hobbes may claim that he believes in God, his work implies there is no greater good. In Hobbe's world humans have no greater aim but reason pushes them into contracts for protection. According to him there can be no morality unless laws account for it, morality is subjective to the state. His state of nature basically makes opportunistic animals out of humans, while discarding altruism and love.

Hobbe's real religion is that of state worship where the state can do no wrong because it apparently saves us from ourselves. Hobbes is a cold man who not only bashes Aristotle and Plato at every turn, but also believes in a purposeless world that needs humanity to be chained. He basically believes in an atheist version of the divine right of kings.

Hobbesian political philosophy is the backbone for much of contemporary political discourse. Especially in regards to the one world government.

Cristero wrote:I agree completely on Hobbes. Hobbes was indirectly responsible for what is now modern day liberalism (basis of social contract theory and emphasizes reason). His "Leviathan" was based entirely on 'reason', and while Hobbes may claim that he believes in God, his work implies there is no greater good. In Hobbe's world humans have no greater aim but reason pushes them into contracts for protection. According to him there can be no morality unless laws account for it, morality is subjective to the state. His state of nature basically makes opportunistic animals out of humans, while discarding altruism and love.

Hobbe's real religion is that of state worship where the state can do no wrong because it apparently saves us from ourselves. Hobbes is a cold man who not only bashes Aristotle and Plato at every turn, but also believes in a purposeless world that needs humanity to be chained. He basically believes in an atheist version of the divine right of kings.

I read more here and now I have real reasons beyond his insane excuse for theology. Things just get worse Brother.

Hobbes believes that PRUDENCE is not part of philosophy at all.

Ok, criticize Aristotle was the hype until XXth century, when he makes a glorious returns due to the Ethics of Virtue, that may be accepted on Christian (as Saint Thomas Aquinas did openly on his work) and atheist circles. It is fine to criticize Aristotle physics and observational model of science, in fact people on that era forgot that he divided science into fields, and that his method was the best for his era.

He reached to the point of saying what philosophy is, Hobbes is smart and clever, all his work have excellent architectonics, almost every single chapter seems to have each words calculated. When he reached the third book and beyond he begun to get less accurate, on Chapter 3 he wants to turn the Bible into a mechanistic source to support his absolutist criteria, the Chapter 4 is an entire bs criticizing of papacy and even the Anglicans, that he wrote a different text on Leviathan hiding parts that would be offensive or maybe heretical to Anglican Church, I totally agree with you.

Thomas Hobbes is so blind into using his firepower against the Catholic Church and the Scholastic, that is his main enemy target, that he openly target Aristotle too. Well, Plato is really the sort of philosopher that most people or agree or disagree, but Aristotle ethics is not something anyone would criticize without a heavy armor.

Hobbes just go with open chest against him and all his careful study about the State and State of Nature begun to become misguided, he targets Aristotle to reach collateral damage on Scholastic.

Even a consequentialist and utilitarianism take a lot of care to go against Aristotle ethics, that is deontological, even they don't throw everything Aristotle said in the trash, even they care about the question of prudence on the calculus to maximize good for society on their philosophical project.

That's why on university it is not mandatory to reach beyond Book 2 of the Leviathan, things just begun to go nuts beyond it, just partisan politics.

Ironically in one of his first books Thomas Aquinas to teach people uses Aristotle argument for the existence of God openly quoting his name, he seems like the dude who did the convenient thing for the moment, this is hypocrisy, beyond De Cive and book 1 and 2 of The Leviathan there is nothing really philosophical on his work, only a partisan madness that break with the intelligent things he wrote before that I disagree but I respect.

I must confess that I am strongly Aristotelic, as a Thomist leaning person I think that it's inevitable, I don't believe on contractualism, about the beginning of the State, I am heavily organicist, people unite in families, families unite in tribes, tribes unite in states and the states unite in a kingdom or republic.

Oh but the indigenous, they have no state, a lot of people said, well it's a valid criticism and I answer to them just telling about the Aztecs, Mayas, Incas, the Mapuche and the Iroquois Confederation, to say at least, when they reach a complexity level of society the sovereign power comes, it's not that the stateless tribes are inferior, they just don't got complexity enough, and even among most of them there is a chief, an hierarchical order even if there is not sovereignty yet.

New Hapsburgland wrote:Hobbesian political philosophy is the backbone for much of contemporary political discourse. Especially in regards to the one world government.

In fact the one world government was projected by Kant on his book, Perpetual Peace, this book openly influenced the creation of the UN on post-WW2. About States Hobbes defends that they lives on a state of nature, where people cares about preservation of life and power on the first place.

Coincidentally, the King or Queen of Britain is the head of state and of the Anglican Church, to the point of having restrictions on Catholics joining the nobility and getting the throne, ok, this happened before Hobbes, but he solidified this.

But his main project gladly failed thanks to UK banning absolute monarchy and adopting a better model of constitutional monarchy, Hobbes don't oppose a government by assembly (even a republic), but he openly prefers one man with all the power.

USA contractualist model was influenced by John Locke, he have problems but it's far better than Thomas Hobbes.

France was influenced by Rousseau, and we know what happened after all the bloodshed.

"I dethroned anarchy."

Napoleon Bonaparte

PS: I don't hate French people, well I must confess that s an Edmund Burke fan I lean towards the British, G.K. Chesterton is an big influence in my life and this British ironically taught me to like the French, my problem is with France as a State and most of his intellectuals, but honestly the French people was better when they were the Frankish people, when God sent a saint on a young girl to lead the Kingdom of France into an unexpected epic victory against the English and the Burgundians, and contrary to what most people said, the Maquis did an example on WW2, they were excellent on sabotage and spies, giving the information about the Atlantic Wall necessary for Operation Overlord and making a perfect distraction to help American, British and Canadian invasion of Normandy to liberate French. The only problem that I see with french people is that they are prone to ideological radicalism, and never, ever anger a French, by what I studied about their history when inspired they know how to fight, with bravery to the point of being on the edge.

Hello, friends. Peace be with you all.

Prudentias wrote:I was watching some videos on Tik Tok (that unless filtered is stupid at best, and probably is a foreign power spy software).

I saw people saying that USA is an evil empire.

I saw people saying that USSR won the WW2 and USA did nothing.

I saw people saying that socialism is better for USA.

All of them were American history teachers.

Ok I know USA is not a nice eagleland, but the level of hate that I see from the teachers about his own country, to the point of openly praising USSR and Vietnam, only exposing the evil side of USA is something that even my communist history teachers don't have, what happened to your teachers americans?

Socialism is on full rise on USA, I see proud militants saying they will burn churches and they were not the modern progressive type, they are openly marxist.

They made even the Democratic Party of USA looking like libertarian right-wingers.

What happened to USA? They won the Cold War just do became the new USSR? The United Soviets of America?

I don't saw this on the humanities section of the universities that I studied, and the history students here openly supports communism, Cuba and Venezuela, they are openly anti-american, liked 9/11 and hates USA because they helped our dictatorship on the Cold War (they would prefer a pro-soviet dictatorship).

As Chesterton said, it is the wind that moves the tree, the spirit that moves the matter, the French Revolution don't happened when people rebelled, they happened with the intellectuals inside Versailles Palace becaming radical liberals on the classic sense of the word, it seems that the air already moved the tree.

Some american here could explain what is happening on USA? I know that there is a lot of anti-american and anti-capitalist feelings inside USA, but not to the point of having teachers and militants going full marxist, openly wanting to destroy Christianity, private property, whatever they think that are burgueous or imperialist.

Should I become glad that the average american, like the average brazilian don't ever listen to their teacher because they will not be educated but at least they will not be intoxicated by radical ideology?

It is not hate only against USA Government, that would be acceptable, it's ideological hate against USA as a civilization, and they are getting to destroy it.

We've been living as an American society without much struggle for too long. Say what you will about racial/class struggles, they're not nearly as bad as any other country.

People are getting too comfortable without said struggle and fail to realize that real people are on the other side of the political spectrum. They're not just dots or numbers on a screen like they are here. Real people suffer when there's famine or when there's corruption. News and social media focuses so much time on the top few percent of people that others assume everyone who isn't them lives like that. It's why some think tanks assume that, since the Amazons and Walmarts of the world can afford to pay their employees $15 an hour but don't, then everbody can.

Basically, social media is an echo chamber where the loudest and prettiest are heard most, even those who promote bad or evil ideas. Just hold faith, we win in the end when we are brought into our Father's arms.

The Darkest Hour

Every single hospital 100% full already.

Health system colapse.

My girlfriend and her mother are infected by COVID-19.

There is no anxiety medications but this ia not affecting me, yet.

I stay in my room every single day, financial and supplies planning doing reasonable well considering the collapse.

I have my parents to protect.

I fear having myself COVID-19.

Brazil became more than ever a dog eats dog scenario. It's every citizen for himself already.

Most people are on famine already I am one of the few who don't, I am not in misery, but I am worried a lot.

Everything is collapsing.

Let us all pray for all mankind please.

Prudentias wrote:The Darkest Hour

Every single hospital 100% full already.

Health system colapse.

My girlfriend and her mother are infected by COVID-19.

There is no anxiety medications but this ia not affecting me, yet.

I stay in my room every single day, financial and supplies planning doing reasonable well considering the collapse.

I have my parents to protect.

I fear having myself COVID-19.

Brazil became more than ever a dog eats dog scenario. It's every citizen for himself already.

Most people are on famine already I am one of the few who don't, I am not in misery, but I am worried a lot.

Everything is collapsing.

Let us all pray for all mankind please.

I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend and her mom my brother, I pray for them.

If it truly is as bad as you say then take what excess you have and give to those who don't have anything and God will bless you.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”"

Matthew 25:35 "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,"

Jesus is Lord

Prudentias wrote:The Darkest Hour

Every single hospital 100% full already.

Health system colapse.

My girlfriend and her mother are infected by COVID-19.

There is no anxiety medications but this ia not affecting me, yet.

I stay in my room every single day, financial and supplies planning doing reasonable well considering the collapse.

I have my parents to protect.

I fear having myself COVID-19.

Brazil became more than ever a dog eats dog scenario. It's every citizen for himself already.

Most people are on famine already I am one of the few who don't, I am not in misery, but I am worried a lot.

Everything is collapsing.

Let us all pray for all mankind please.

Sending prayers.

Fredgast wrote:

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Whoa. That's my favorite Bible verse!

Brothers I don't want to take up so much space in this forum but I want to ask all of you to pray for Pope Francis during his travel to Iraq.

I used to be very against Pope Francis which I regret because later I have come to see that Francis embodies the mercy and love of Jesus Christ. He may have said a wrong thing or two but I don't think it was ever malicious or willfully siding with the world over God. Francis is a man like the rest of us and God has chosen him to lead the Church through this time so we should listen more to him and most definitely pray for his success in going into a place like Iraq where just a couple of years ago ISIS militants had full control.

Pope Francis has proven himself to be a brave man and someone who loves and has faith in God. Let us all pray for him extra much during these 3-4 days that he may be protected and able to complete his mission not only in Iraq but in the world.

Jesus is Lord.

Forum View

Advertisement