“Incendite Tenebras Mundi”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Transdimensional Hub of Ithania is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its national health service, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 6.622 billion Ithanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ithanian economy, worth 687 trillion Allocation Units a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 103,884 Allocation Units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A third of Ithanians are e-certified CEOs, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, and businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ithania's national animal is the Phoenix, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
- : Ithania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property.
- : Ithania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, a third of Ithanians are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, posters on 'Ithanian Values' advise against being proud of Ithania.
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Ithania, boys who take just one date to the high school prom are called 'losers'.
- : Ithania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Nargorthia, Captain Apollo, Loftegen 2, Hycronesia, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Aigania, The Torrentin, Altmar, Derthal, Snoodum, Denado, Axixic, Middle Ketalia, Mzeusia, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Lingord, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Sophisica, Lazarene Ryccia, Tiegenhof, Halliway, Kan Po, Steel Vagabonds, Courlany, Aguaria Major, Turkish-Ottoman, The Sigometh Dynasty, Shangri-La Valley, Your Imaginary Friend, and Aflana.