“We have NOTHING to do with our 97% disappearance rate.” The High King of Roless
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Vassal
|Leader||The High King of Roless|
The Mysterious Black Hole of Roless is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The High King of Roless with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, pith helmet sales, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.754 billion Rolessians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atchta. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Rolessian economy, worth a remarkable 3,320 trillion Rezzats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 428,282 Rezzats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians look weirdly alike, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", and the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from The High King of Roless's rear echelons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roless's national animal is the Funky badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Funkyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roless, the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from The High King of Roless's rear echelons.
- : Roless voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Following new legislation in Roless, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Roless, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Roless voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Roless voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Roless, politicians look weirdly alike.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting.
- : Roless endorsed The Alföldi People's Republic of Ypogegrammeni.
- : Roless was endorsed by The Alföldi People's Republic of Ypogegrammeni.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Ownzone, Ruinenlust, Lura, Verdant Haven, Ransium, Middle Barael, Turbeaux, Atsvea, Novian Republics, Cat-Herders United, Anachronolandia, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, Ordand, Caterasia, Effazio, Terrabod, The Cypher Nine, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Kawastyselir, Blue Nagia, The Black Forrest, Chilledsville, Alcantaria, Love and Nature, Fartsniffage, The Void Territories, Candlewhisper Archive, Eryndlynd, Bananaistan, Kyratistani, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Wizardonia, Taco Respublic, Tscharva, Ziotah and Riverside, Forest Virginia, Thrything, Greyveldt, Kase, Sean Fiobha, Imperial States of Duotona, Republik Hintonia, Phillip Isle, Ferastenfal, Saint Dolmance, Otuken Yurt, Jutsa, York Zionia, and 21 others.Uan aa Boa, Caer Neamh, Forgotten Beauty, Ithersta, Galaxiak, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Shalotte, Zerphen, Lofia, Prusmia, Nordustra, Great Julunaphra, Siornor, Ecologist Hegemony, Heidgaudr, Daarwyrth, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Thylia, United Malay Federation, Pythaga, and Ypogegrammeni.