“Do not adjust your set.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Incorporated States of Terrabod is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its closed borders, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.807 billion Terrabods are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Administration, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terrabod City. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Terrabodian economy, worth 408 trillion tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 145,645 tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terrabod's national animal is the venomous tasneath, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked.
- : Terrabod endorsed The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Terrabod was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Terrabod voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Terrabod, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back.
- : Terrabod lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Ruinenlust, Ordand, Atsvea, Feladria, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Lura, Cat-Herders United, Turbeaux, Hoochlandia, Novian Republics, Alcantaria, Verdant Haven, Canaltia, Norginlajicratefe, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Ironic Remarks, East Stederland, Ziotah and Riverside, Simbolon, Kawastyselir, Love and Nature, Frieden-und Freudenland, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Ransium, Window Land, Ownzone, Zinguanaville, Roless, Artemis, The Black Forrest, Caterasia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Taco Respublic, The Most Serene Republicans, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, Ashrah, Kannap, Hyon Delta, Alsakah, Ypogegrammeni, Litauengrad, Uniania Geeth, Garbelia, Blue Nagia, Blon Gre, Bregaria, Chilledsville, and 35 others.Cuillin, The Cypher Nine, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, Edible Plywood, Reannia, Ancorai, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Uan aa Boa, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Bananaistan, Dasche, The Void Territories, Eryndlynd, Lugnan, Shalotte, Ordealius, Doxstern, New Autarky, Twiliydawn, McClandia Doge 2, New Ladavia, Eaven, Jutsa, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Kvenland, Daarwyrth, Fartsniffage, Niyebe, New Latin Locality, The World Wildlife Fund, Wizardonia, Central Dintinia, Arklanda, and Pythaga.