“I donít think, so am I?”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the West Pacific
|Leader||Fictional Ken Burns|
|Faith||The Big Book Of Questions|
The GPs Hottest Commodity of Varanius is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fictional Ken Burns with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.381 billion Newborns are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zygotia. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Varanian economy, worth 423 trillion Octopies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 125,165 Octopies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, and cars have been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varanius's national animal is the Newborn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Big Book Of Questions.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varanius changed its national nation type to "GPs Hottest Commodity".
- : Varanius lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Varanius password-protected Onion Milk.
- : Varanius removed regional password protection from Onion Milk.
- : Varanius resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Varanius voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Varanius was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Varanius applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, cars have been banned.
- : Varanius was nominated for a World Assembly Condemnation by The Culture Blossom Commonwealth of North Prarie.