“Love Is The Law, Love Under Will”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Commonwealth of Jarilon is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Zanon Stints with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.155 billion Jarilonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sate. The average income tax rate is 52.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jarilonian economy, worth 250 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 116,018 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation, the nation thirsts for new freedoms, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents, and more and more people are signing up for the government party. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jarilon's national animal is the Barn Owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Thelema.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jarilon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Jarilon, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Following new legislation in Jarilon, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Jarilon, the nation thirsts for new freedoms.
- : Following new legislation in Jarilon, the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation.
- : Jarilon was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Jarilon was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Jarilon was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Jarilon, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs.
- : Jarilon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 79 » The Solar System Scope, Erinor, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Si-topia, Tsvetania, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, PASTIR, Saciu, Quiescent, Concrete Slab, Calistan, Jaxon, Sandaoguo, Theorin, Farengeto, Aurcania, Kringalia, Eastern Nyan, Paranoia, Pax Dracon, Sedunn, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, The National Corporation, Silberne Wache, Aywhyou, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Rebel-topia, Barabarom, Aguatania, Whimichy, Abarri, Kandorith, Lambdaland, Vincent Field, Xandev, Jehenna, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, and 29 others.Wehraboos, Akindom, Ostanasia, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Ariankido, Churumduul, USNE2018, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Agalaesia, The Filippinas, Phanama, Pays de Loire, Jennaterra, Ketathinamiri Islands, New Briantown, Upper Tyrconnel, Imperial Duck, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Mapico, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, and Samogitija.