“Realm of the Dúnedain”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Southern Numenor is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Elros Tar-Minyatur with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.655 billion Southern Numenorians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Armenolos. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Southern Numenorian economy, worth 701 trillion Castars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 191,950 Castars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground, and burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southern Numenor's national animal is the Sabertooth Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Iluvatar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Southern Numenor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Southern Numenor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Southern Numenor, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
Endorsements Received: 111 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Solar System Scope, Silmad, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Rebel-topia, Jehenna, Quiescent, Tsunamy, The naked people, Wyatonians, Lotadia, Linguiniland, Darakin, Freedwanda, Escevola, Lambdaland, Nankyoku Tairiku, Belschaft, Aywhyou, Poopisiya, La Ascension, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsvetania, Moreana, Rhetiaa, Drugged Monkeys, Paranoia, New Briantown, Jaxon, Aumeltopia, Beepee, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, The National Corporation, Anachronolandia, Shengtie, Isokenzar, North Kanuckistan, Cuuldere, Vincent Field, Saciu, and 61 others.Barabarom, Kandorith, Direwolf1, Xandev, USNE2018, Auphelia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Whimichy, Shema Mitzvah, Birdkeeper, North Prarie, Jahass, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, Staubsaugen, Ostanasia, Ariankido, Phanama, Mew Nation, Spearos, Changolandia, Nowa Europa, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Qawe, State of Iowa, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Novagentum, Darbor, North Erfton, Edula, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Negoshi, South Central Siberia, Oceanfront, Utondara, PenguinPies, Dasko, Higash, United Federated States of Omega, P R of China, Choodox, Rabbitz, Jennaterra, Aurcania, BootJack, Ave Gloriana, Drystar, Upper Tyrconnel, Maeiland, Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, Land Without Shrimp, and Solega.